CAREERS AT CIMPRESS
Senior Software Engineer
Category: Software Development
Location: Waltham (USA)
Business: Cimpress Technology
Welcome to Cimpress, the world leader in mass customization. We are audacious, innovative and growing.
Are you passionate about world class software engineering? Do you know how to build large scale services-based architectures to solve real business problems? If so, read on!
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Documents Design Tribe, you will join a group of engineers building the next generation platform to deliver on Cimpress’ number one strategic priority. We are developing next-generation rendering and visualization technologies that will fuel our growth towards $5B in revenue and beyond by enabling the business to provide innovative marketing and design experiences that please our customers and accurately depict their customized products.
Much of your software development will focus on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. However, you will develop the full lifecycle of our software, spanning design, implementation, automated testing, code review, deployment, monitoring, and production support. You will be hands-on writing beautiful, highly-scalable code. You will be deploying changes into production soon after starting, possibly even your first day.
The Documents Design Tribe is a high performing team with specialized skills in graphics and image rendering. In addition to great technical skills, we expect you to bring a passion for learning and collaboration, as well as a desire to help contribute to a fun and inclusive work environment. You will advocate and evangelize continuous delivery, test first development, and on-demand scaling. In addition to great technical skills, we expect you to bring a passion and eagerness for both learning and teaching, as well as a positive attitude and a desire to help contribute to a fun and inclusive work environment.
Our technology ecosystem currently has about a dozen services, and growing. We also do front-end development, usually using React but we also use WebGL. We believe that having a diverse toolbox allows us to solve a larger array of challenges using the right tools, and that smart people will make smart decisions on which tools to use. We’re constantly looking for new and interesting ways to solve problems.
If you are as excited as us about building highly scalable and performant solutions at web scale, you should come talk with us!
To be successful, you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and/or training
- Fluency in at least one “mainstream” development language, such as Java, Node.js, C#, or Python
- Proficiency with scripting languages
- Experience in continuous integration and deployment.
- Designing and implementing test harnesses, auto-scaling, and caching approaches.
- To be detail-oriented and an analytical problem solver in evaluating the merits of different approaches before choosing a solution.
- A desire to learn, yet question the way things have always been done
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
What you will get in return:
- Experience with the latest in graphics and 3D technologies
- The opportunity to work on a highly collaborative, self-organizing team with the empowerment to influence how our team works and what technologies we use
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits (401k, medical, dental and vision insurance)
- Many office perks including free company shuttles to/from MBTA Alewife station and Waltham Center, EV parking, a brand-new LEED-certified building, lots of free food, kitchen stocked with free snacks and beverages, gym, fitness classes, and CSA delivered on-site.