Welcome to Cimpress, the world leader in mass customization.
We are audacious, innovative and growing.
Cimpress is one of those companies you might have never heard of, but if you look around, you’ll find our products on almost every corner. When you see a business card, customized t-shirt, mug, poster, photo album or engraved pen, there is a high chance that they actually came from one of our facilities.
Together with the team, you’ll be taking care of the full lifecycle of microservices we develop – from inception, through implementation, testing, maintenance, production support, till the service is retired.
You will help us shape Cimpress’ mass customization platform as we’re redefining the Web-to-print industry. Your responsibilities will involve: writing excellent code, designing clean APIs and awesome UIs, testing and reviewing the work of other developers, enhancing our build pipelines and infrastructure to ensure fast time to market, scalability and robustness.
At the moment, our most commonly used technologies are:
- React and Angular on the client and micro-service architecture using mostly Node.js
- Relational and NoSQL databases
… and the list could go on. We trust our engineers to make good team decisions about their technology and we let them pick the tools that make the most sense for the problem they are solving. This helps us keep our software up to date with the newest technologies (because developers love to play with new stuff :) but at the same time we are choosing long-term solutions over the short-term hypes (because developers hate rewriting everything from scratch again and again :)
How we operate:
Although we are a big company spread around multiple continents, our teams have almost a start-up feel. The squads are autonomous, which means that they are deciding on their technology, tasks and deadlines, as well as the way they want to work together (Kanban, Scrum …). On the other hand they are expected to make informed decisions, use common sense and be responsible towards delivering useful software.
What we can offer you:
- Very competitive pay
- Work with interesting technologies
- Possibility to grow professionally
- Freedom to architect and implement your own solutions
- Generous benefits package
- Exciting projects that have global impact
- Travel expenses
- Possibility to travel to our factories and offices all around the world
What we expect from you:
- You have experience leading a team
- You know how to delegate work
- Ensure the team delivers working software
- You understand the business needs
- You possess great interpersonal skills
- You appreciate feedback and are comfortable giving feedback
- You have written Node.js services
- You have frontend development experience with Angular and/or React
- You can write simple Python scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- You’re familiar with at least one other language: Java, C#
- You know what AWS is and how to deploy services there
- You understand the microservices architecture
- You care about robustness, simplicity, and beauty of your solutions
- You’re comfortable with building an MVP (minimum viable product) and strive for avoiding waste
- When picking a tool for the job, you prefer picking the right one over the one you know best
- You’re eager to learn and continuously improve
- Agile or Lean software development isn’t just a buzzword for you
- You’re fluent in English, both written, and spoken
We produce millions of affordable, highly customized, personalized physical products for small businesses and consumers. We're boldly going where no one has gone before here at Cimpress: the scale, complexity and sheer scope of what we do requires us to innovate and solve problems that haven't been solved before. With over $2.1BB in revenue and 40+ offices and manufacturing facilities across the globe creating more than 46 million uniquely designed items annually that serve over 17 million customers worldwide, we're a unique combination of stability, strength, growth and innovation. We're also a place where ideas matter, whether they come from our newest or most senior team members. There's also a lot of fun that goes with doing things no one has ever done before and you can feel it.