Welcome to Cimpress, the world leader in mass customization.
We are audacious, innovative and growing.
Driven by Curiosity
At Vistaprint, we believe that everything we do has a lasting impact on our customers and on each other. It begins and ends with a passion for helping our customers succeed. To give them our best, we empower our team with the autonomy they need to make smarter decisions and pursue higher value. We thrive on exploration, collaboration, and helping every customer grow their business beyond imagination.
Putting Your Expertise to Work
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will be a “go-to” domain expert in data science and machine learning, leading the charge on cutting-edge work, mentoring more junior data scientists, and guiding the organization on methodology and best practices. You will also drive high-profile projects – not just delivering solutions, but helping to identify opportunities and define the work. Your statistical, computer science and business domain expertise will have a significant impact to our business from day one.
You will join a core team of Data Scientists, working alongside Marketers, Analysts, Data Engineers and Product Owners to forge new paths and revolutionize how data is utilized to deliver value. You’ll seek ways to improve, communicate openly, and be an active problem-solver. Throughout the design, development, and delivery stages you will surprise yourself with new levels of professional and personal growth.
- Engage with stakeholders to consult around analytical project requirements, discuss methodologies and negotiate deliverables.
- Learn, practice, and lead others in using new tools in an ambitious technical environment that combines both coding skills, web technologies and real-time data.
- Analyze pre-existing models and algorithms; provide suggestions on how to improve the efficiency and effectiveness, to drive value to the organization
- Deliver a range of custom Data Science projects that may include Price Optimisation; Customer Propensity Modelling (churn, acquisition, cross sell); Marketing Campaign Analytics; Hypothesis Testing; Customer Lifetime Value; Image Recognition; Transfer Learning. The list goes on….
- Act as a thought leader within the Data Science team, staying current with trends and technologies
Experience We’re Looking For
- Extensive machine learning and modeling experience, preferably within an e-commerce environment
- MSc or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research or similar field
- Strong programming skills in Python and R
- Hands on experience using “big data technologies”
- Experience of software engineering techniques including version control, continuous integration, unit testing.
- Stakeholder management; ability to independently communicate complex information to a wide audience.
Considered as a plus:
- Spark, Java, Scala
- Bayesian Statistics
- Experience using standard libraries (scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, MXNet, PyMC3)
- Agile working methodology
And a few reasons you might love it:
- We will give you large autonomy and the chance to learn from some of the best global talents in this field. You will grow with us and we will make every effort to support your professional development.
- You’ll love your colleagues and teammates. You will work with people who are as energetic, smart and driven as you are. We’ve got an amazing team and we thrive off of each other – you’ll thrive too.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference. You will be working on projects that can have a real impact on decisions & results – we are a very data-driven company and Data Science is a massive driver of Vistaprint’s innovative outlook.
We produce millions of affordable, highly customized, personalized physical products for small businesses and consumers. We're boldly going where no one has gone before here at Cimpress: the scale, complexity and sheer scope of what we do requires us to innovate and solve problems that haven't been solved before. With over $2.1BB in revenue and 40+ offices and manufacturing facilities across the globe creating more than 46 million uniquely designed items annually that serve over 17 million customers worldwide, we're a unique combination of stability, strength, growth and innovation. We're also a place where ideas matter, whether they come from our newest or most senior team members. There's also a lot of fun that goes with doing things no one has ever done before and you can feel it.