Welcome to Cimpress, the world leader in mass customization.
We are audacious, innovative and growing.
The Vistaprint legal team is looking for a seasoned and entrepreneurial trade compliance professional to lead Vistaprint’s Global Customs & Trade Compliance operation. As the head of Global Customs & Trade Compliance, you will set and execute the strategy for delivering on operational efficiency, compliance processes and duty avoidance. You will be challenged to bring a practical and creative approaches and solutions to a traditional compliance function and to assess risks and opportunities appropriately and dedicate resources as needed. You will be expected to be a senior advisor to the procurement, supply chain and marketing teams and combine a deep expertise in customs and trade compliance requirements with a full understanding of Vistaprint’s business objectives and operational requirements.
As the head of Vistaprint’s Global Customs & Trade Compliance function, you will:
- Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive compliance program that:
- Enables the rapid and seamless movement of plant machinery, consumables and finished products to and from Vistaprint’s facilities in Canada, Europe, Australia and the United States.
- Ensures the proper classification and valuation of a steady stream of new products.
- Audits existing process, procedures and playbooks to ensure compliance with existing regulations.
- Properly maintains all necessary documentation and records.
- Is fully prepared for inquiries from regulators.
- Act as the senior point of contact with S. Customs and Border Protection, Canada Border Services Agency and other government agencies on matters related to import operations and trade compliance.
- Oversee strategic direction and tactical implementation of duty savings programs, including NAFTA, 9802 and Canadian duty drawback.
- Manage, support and evaluate Vistaprint’s network of customs brokers.
- Provide expert advice and support to the procurement, supply chain, and logistics teams.
- Remain current in customs regulations and processes and ensure internal teams are properly trained to comply with existing regulations and prepared for changes in the regulatory environment – including Brexit.
You will bring:
- 7-10+ years of experience in a global company handling complex trade compliance issues; e-commerce experience a plus.
- Experience as a Licensed Customs Broker and Certified Customs Specialist.
- Deep background and understanding of U.S. and Canadian customs regulations and practices, with at least a high-level background on customs issues and regulatory requirements in Europe and Asia with a willingness and ability to understand and develop expertise in these areas as well.
- Success in implementing and maintain a global Customs program, including policies, procedures and training and a thorough knowledge of the Harmonized Tariff System.
- Sound and balanced judgment and business awareness, with an appropriate understanding of the need to pragmatically assess risk.
- Experience managing customs brokers to a documented trade compliance program
- Analytical problem-solving skills and experience in advising fast-paced global business operations on trade compliance issues.
- Demonstrated success working with U.S. CBP and other Government agencies on a wide range of regulatory and technical issues.
- Experience managing remote team members.
- Experience working with Descartes Customs Info Manager preferable.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to clearly and accurately explain complex issues to diverse technical and business audiences.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively and timely manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A drive for excellence and for delivering outstanding service that exceeds client expectations.
- A passionate self-starter with a “get things done” mind-set and approach, but always consistent with the highest professional and ethical standards.
We produce millions of affordable, highly customized, personalized physical products for small businesses and consumers. We're boldly going where no one has gone before here at Cimpress: the scale, complexity and sheer scope of what we do requires us to innovate and solve problems that haven't been solved before. With over $2.1BB in revenue and 40+ offices and manufacturing facilities across the globe creating more than 46 million uniquely designed items annually that serve over 17 million customers worldwide, we're a unique combination of stability, strength, growth and innovation. We're also a place where ideas matter, whether they come from our newest or most senior team members. There's also a lot of fun that goes with doing things no one has ever done before and you can feel it.