Welcome to Cimpress, the world leader in mass customization.
We are audacious, innovative and growing.
Cimpress Technology, an organization of Cimpress (corporate entity of the well-known vistaprint.com), is responsible for developing the Mass Customization Platform. Creating microservices in the cloud to serve the masses comes with numerous challenges. To develop and drive our cutting-edge platform, Cimpress Technology is growing our talented teams of engineers in a variety of spaces including monitoring, alerting, trending, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and workflow!
DevOps Engineer II
As a DevOps Engineer II within the UnOps team, you will join a group of talented engineers working to implement and deliver solutions related to the continuous integration/deployment, uptime, availability, and trending of services. Utilizing demonstrated system and service design experience, the ideal candidate will have functional knowledge of what it takes to model and implement an operational system. The candidate will provide and implement a mix of SaaS and open-sourced solutions that other internal teams will leverage to gain maturity in their operational space.
Automation and best practices are at the core of the teams at Cimpress. To support this culture, you will be expected to research existing technologies, determine best of breed alternatives, define best practices, and consult with other internal teams to help them mature their service pipelines and achieve their goals.
What you can expect your day-to-day activities to consist of:
- Work directly with development teams to identify and instrument recommended solutions that will improve their throughput
- Teach teams how to use various services and mature their implementations
- Devise solutions and contribute to platforms that allow teams to self-serve and troubleshoot various services
- Integrate with third-party APIs for SaaS and other services
- Develop infrastructure as code solutions for existing technologies
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Experience with source code management, ticketing systems, continuous integration, continuous deployment, logging, monitoring, alerting, and trending services
- Demonstrated experience supporting software products in a production environment
- Ability to work independently and deliver within established timelines
- Willingness and ability to adapt/learn new technology and best practices
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to interpret vendor documentation and translate it into actionable tasks to support the operations of microservices
- More than a passing familiarity with a wide variety of Amazon Web Services
Some technologies currently being used to solve problems include:
- New Relic
- Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc)
We produce millions of affordable, highly customized, personalized physical products for small businesses and consumers. We're boldly going where no one has gone before here at Cimpress: the scale, complexity and sheer scope of what we do requires us to innovate and solve problems that haven't been solved before. With over $2.1BB in revenue and 40+ offices and manufacturing facilities across the globe creating more than 46 million uniquely designed items annually that serve over 17 million customers worldwide, we're a unique combination of stability, strength, growth and innovation. We're also a place where ideas matter, whether they come from our newest or most senior team members. There's also a lot of fun that goes with doing things no one has ever done before and you can feel it.