Welcome to Cimpress, the world leader in mass customization.
We are audacious, innovative and growing.
We are looking for a Database Engineer to join the Vistaprint Data Team, this team is focused on enabling business partners to make data-driven decisions that deliver value to our customers. This includes enabling analytical insights into our business, driving intelligent product recommendations, and helping to optimize our website experience and functionality. Solving these challenges involves working with technologies on the leading edge of data movement, processing, and warehousing.
- Support the multi-terabyte Vistaprint data warehouse used across several functions and geographies
- Develop procedures to extract-transform-load data from various sources
- Troubleshoot data issues
- Work directly with Marketing, Analytics, Finance, Customer Support stakeholders
- Data warehouse knowledge using the Kimball approach
- Some experience with reporting/analytic/OLAP tools (e.g. SSAS, Tableau)
- Expert knowledge in Transact-SQL
- Comfortable developing primarily in a Microsoft BI stack (Powershell, VS, C#)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to research data issues and resolve in a timely manner
- Familiarity with Azure, APS, MDX, Hadoop, Spark, Hive is helpful
- Work with data movement tools (e.g. SSIS), scheduling/jobs
- Data replication concepts
- Comfortable working in an Agile / Scrum environment, and interacting with internal clients
- Some experience with code management tools (e.g. Git, Subversion)
We produce millions of affordable, highly customized, personalized physical products for small businesses and consumers. We're boldly going where no one has gone before here at Cimpress: the scale, complexity and sheer scope of what we do requires us to innovate and solve problems that haven't been solved before. With over $2.1BB in revenue and 40+ offices and manufacturing facilities across the globe creating more than 46 million uniquely designed items annually that serve over 17 million customers worldwide, we're a unique combination of stability, strength, growth and innovation. We're also a place where ideas matter, whether they come from our newest or most senior team members. There's also a lot of fun that goes with doing things no one has ever done before and you can feel it.